Almost all the latest Windows and Mac operating systems come with the basic printer drivers built-in. So, when you connect your devices to the same network, the necessary drivers are installed automatically on your computer. The HP OfficeJet printers are designed to work with Windows, Mac, and Chrome OSs. Connecting the printer to your computer is a straightforward process.
On this page, you will learn how to connect an HP OfficeJet printer to a computer.
TO MAC :
Connecting printer to Mac via USB
- Initially, make sure that your HP OfficeJet printer is not connected to the Mac computer over a wireless, USB, or wired network.
- Next, download and install the HP Smart app on your computer.
- Open the app.
- If prompted, sign in to your HP account. (Note: If you don’t have an account, click Create to create a new HP account and then sign in).
- After signing in successfully, click the Plus icon.
- Connect your OfficeJet printer to the Mac computer using the USB cable.
- Follow the rest of the instructions to complete the setup, and finally, check whether your printer is connected to the computer successfully by printing a test page.
Printing a test page
- In the Printers and Scanners window, locate and click on your HP OfficeJet printer.
- Click Open Print Queue > Printer > Print Test Page.