Are you having trouble with the HP OfficeJet Printer wireless connection? We have given you simple solutions to fix the wireless connection issues. To make this article clear and understandable, we choose a specific HP OfficeJet printer - HP OfficeJet Pro 9010e. Let us see what to do if your HP OfficeJet Pro 9010e is not connecting to Wi-Fi.
Solutions to fix wireless connection
Restore your network settings to default and try to reconnect your printer to your Wi-Fi. To restore the printer to the default network settings, follow the instructions.
- On the printer control panel, tap or swipe down the tab at the top of the screen to view the Dashboard. Tap the Gear icon.
- Tap the Network Setup option -->Restore Network Settings.
- Now, a confirmation message appears. Choose Yes to restore the network settings.
- Verify if the network settings have been reset by printing the network configuration page.
The next option is to check the network configuration; you can print the wireless test report to diagnose the network connection issues.
- On the Home screen, touch the Wireless icon and then touch the Gear icon.
- Tap the Print Reports option.
- Now, tap Network Configuration Page or Wireless Test Report.
- On the wireless network test report, check for errors.
- Check the DIAGNOSTICS RESULTS section to see all performed tests and see if your printer is passed.
- And, on the CURRENT CONFIGURATION section, you can find the Network Name (SSID) to which your printer is currently connected. Make sure the printer and computer are connected to the same network.
- You can use the HP online troubleshooting tool and fix the printer issues.
You can also try the below procedure if your HP OfficeJet printer is not connecting to Wi-Fi.